Quality: High Performance
using the right product is important. the liquid liner you have should be a quick-dry formula and waterproof, so smudges are less likely, and it should have a thin tip that tapers slightly at the end, similar to a fine point sharpie marker. The color should be rich, inky, and very intense. if the product comes out looking like watercolor, it's time to go makeup shopping!
Maximize your eyes
if your eyes are close together, leave the inner corner bare and brighten lids with a beige shimmer shadow . extend the line at the outer corners and finishing just beyond the edge of the lash line, lift up and angle tip of liquid liner towards the temple. the farther out, the more dramatic the look.
for eyes that are wide-set, the opposite holds true. line the eyes all the way to the inner corner and don't extend the line at the outer corners too far.
Now lets get into the looks!
Bombshell Bardot Beauty: bold dark liner
what you'll need:
stingray smudge stick, onyx kajal pencil, glamoureyes mascara, dune eyeshadow, topaz kajal pencil
• Apply a neutral matte eyeshadow on your lids to create a clean canvas
• Draw the cat eye. This is the most essential part of Bardot inspired beauty. Apply a thin line of black liquid liner beginning from the inside of your eye all along your upper lash line. Make sure you're closest to the lash line as possible. When you reach the corner of your eye, bring the eyeliner tip upwards as you extend pass the edge of the eye. Be sure to taper the line at the end, thinning the line out as it reaches its end point. you can go over the line a couple times to thicken the line or add a stronger angle.
• Use a pencil to line your lower lids. A pencil is easier to apply when you want to line your lower rims. Draw the liner from the inside to the edge of your lower rims. Kajal Pencil in Onyx is ideal to line inside the waterline and trace the lower lash line. It adds a sultry "worn in" effect to add to your bombshell beauty look. to make eyes appear larger, try lining inside with a flesh tone pencil like Stila Kajal liner in topaz.
• Apply several coats of black mascara. This will help further emphasize your cat eye. Focus layering mascara on the top lash line. if you wear false lashes, apply mascara over your false lashes. i prefer to use Stila Glamoureyes Mascara. It creates the look of false lashes but without the fuss
Classic Cat Eye
what you'll need:
black smudge pot, major major lash mascara, #20 brush, kitten shadow
• The contrast with dark eyes and feminine clothing is strong. There was so much variety when it came to makeup at NYC fashion week. one of my favorite trends was bold, sultry, saturated dark eyes.
• Stila smudge pot is ideal for this look because it is a long wearing liner and shadow in one. The formula is gel based which means the texture will glide on effortlessly and allows you to achieve a glamorous, sultry smudged look.
• All you need is a double sided brush from Stila like #20 to create this trend look on yourself and your client. For a softer effect try wearing Bronze smudge pot to add drama to your everyday beach bronze look.
On the Edge Cat Eye
what you'll need:
stay all day waterproof liquid liner, forever your curl mascara, stingray smudge stick, prime pot taffy
• when balanced with an otherwise neutral face, black winged liner looks artsy and edgy. create a smooth, opaque base on lids with prime pot
• first use black pencil to draw the winged shape, so you can easily clean up mistakes and make the line look exactly how you want it to
• then trace over the pencil with your stay all day liquid liner to add a patent leather finish as a liner top coat
• layer several coats of black mascara on top and bottom lashes